The Legal Group’s (TLG) Intellectual Property (IP) Department maintains a
dynamic and high-profile presence locally, regionally, and beyond. Our IP
office includes an experienced team of lawyers, IP professionals, commercial
consultants, paralegals, and market researchers, who are present on the
ground in each of the countries where we operate.
Not only do we have a strong understanding of how IP law and judicial
procedures operate in each of these countries, but we also work closely with
economic departments, customs officers and IP enforcement officials in the
said list of countries.
Through various international affiliations, we have established a strong
presence and gained experience protecting Intellectual Property rights in
many countries. In case of expansion of our services to places/countries we
do not currently cover, we will gladly provide legal and advisory work for
those countries and strive to protect the interest of our clients there.
Property practice consists of a highly driven and experienced legal
team that has been practicing in the region for almost two decades. Our
clients include American, European, Japanese, Italian, and Korean brand
owners, among others. We cover various industries not limited to, but
including automobile, electronics, printing consumables, the fashion
industry, and power tools, to name a few.
The Intellectual Property Department comprises of four divisions:
Intellectual Property Registration
Market Research and Study
Intellectual Property Enforcement
Intellectual Property Litigation
Our extensive experience in handling IP portfolios for various
internationally recognised companies extends to the following areas:
- Strategic advisory on IP protection matters and policies.
- Legal consultancy on local and regional laws and procedures.
- Registration and recorders of Trademarks, Patents and industrial
- Enforcement of IP Rights in the Middle East & North Africa Region as
well as Eastern European Region.
- Inspect and research on counterfeits activities.
- Follow up with customs and law enforcement agencies.
- Litigation of civil matters before the competent courts.
- Arbitration and mediation between parties on related disputes.