Dubai launches a new ‘’one year virtual working program’’01-11-2020
The Government of Dubai has launched an enticing new visa program that will allow remote working professionals to relocate to the UAE and live in Dubai along with their families, for up to one year, while continuing to work virtually for companies overseas. Remote workers will also benefit from Dubai’s zero income tax rate for individuals.
How does it work?
- The new visa costs US$287 (Dhs1,054) plus medical insurance with valid UAE coverage and processing fee per person;
- The new visa gives access to all required services, including telecoms, utilities, and schooling options;
- The new visa also gives access to connect to a global hub and a skilled workforce, composed of 200+ nationalities;
- The relocation program will be valid for one year;
- Applicants will benefit from UAE’s zero income tax policy.
How to apply?
Criteria for eligibility under the new program include:
- Passport with a minimum of six months validity;
- Health insurance with UAE coverage validity;
- Proof of Employment from a current employer with a one year contract validity; a minimum of US$5,000 (Dhs18,365) per month salary, last months’ payslip, and 3 preceding months’ bank statements;
- If the applicant is a company owner, then proof of ownership of the company for one year or more, with an average monthly income of US$5,000 per month and 3 preceding months’ bank statements
How TLG can help?
TLG’s Corporate and Commercial Department would be pleased to discuss the residency options available in the UAE and assess the applicability to your specific circumstances and would be glad to assist and support in the application and registration process at the respective authorities.
To receive key legal updates in the UAE and the region, subscribe to TLG’s newsletter by visiting: www.tlg.ae