Waste Management Department Technical Guideline14-11-2019
WASTE COLLECTION and TRANSPORTATION SERVICES
Issued : December 2009
This document stipulates the procedures and guidelines for the implementation and enforcement of
Administrative Order No. (30)/2003 in conformity with the Local Order No.11/2003.
In accordance with the above regulations, the Technical Support and Studies Section (TSSS) of Waste
Management Department (WMD) has established minimum requirements for the temporary storage at
source, collection and transportation of Municipal Solid Waste for a proper treatment and or disposal.
The primary objectives of this technical guidelines are to:
• Ensure the protection of public health and the environment.
• Establish minimum requirements and/or standards for storage, collection and transport.
• Ensure sustainable waste management practices and environment protection in the Emirate of
This Technical Guidelines shall be applicable to all new and currently existing establishments /
companies that are planning to engage in Temporarily storing, collection and transportation of waste in
the Emirate of Dubai.
Further, a permitting process has been established for companies engaging in :
• Garbage Disposal Services (Trade Activity No. 9000-01),
• Metal Waste Colecting Services ( Trade Activity No. 9000-06),
• Used Lubricant Collecting Services (9000-07),
• Organic Waste Collection Services (9000-08),