Regulating Relationship Between Landlords & Tenants in the Emirate of Dubai19-09-2019
We Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Ruler of Dubai
- After perusal of Federal Law No. 5 of 1985, regarding Civil Transactions and its amendments,
- And Federal Law No. 10 of 1992 Promulgating Law of Evidence in Civil and Commercial Transactions and its amendments,
- And Law No. 16 of 2007, establishing the Real Estate Regulatory Agency,
- And Law No. 26 of 2007 Regulating Relationship Between Landlords & Tenants in the Emirate of Dubai (referred to as the “Original Law”),
- And Decree No. 2 of 1993, establishing the Special Judicial Committee to settle Disputes between landlords and tenants and its amendments,
Issue the following Law:
Articles (2), (3), (4), (9), (13), (14), (15), (25), (26), (29) & (36) of the Original Law shall be replaced with the following Articles:
In implementing provisions of this law, the following words and terms shall have the meaning assigned to them, unless the text otherwise requires:
Emirate : Emirate of Dubai.
Committee : The Judicial Committee authorised to settle deputes between landlords and tenants.
Agency : Real Estate Regulatory Agency.
Property : Immovable property and its annexures rented for residential, commercial or professional purposes or any other legalactivity.
Tenancy Contract: The contract by which landlord is committed to enable tenant to benefit from the property for specified purpose and period against specified consideration.