Yemen: New Ministerial Resolution No. 20 of 201826-03-2018
The Legal Group Advocates & Legal Consultants (TLG) would like to inform our clients and associates that the Ministry of Industry & Trade in Yemen have issued a new notification No. 20 of 2018 on the determination of time periods relating to trademark registration procedures as per the following:
- Filing applications which is suspended & not completed for 12 consecutive months commencing the filing date, shall be considered as abandoned .
- Trademarks which has been accepted with condition or amendment or trademarks which has a decision of Appeal Committee should be registered within 12 months commencing the issuance date; otherwise the application will be deemed as abandoned .
- The applicant must complete the publication procedure & pay the prescribed fees within sixty days from the issuance date of acceptance; otherwise, the application is considered as abandoned.
- In case a party filed an opposition against a trademark ,the applicant of the trademark has 90 days from the expiry date of the publication to reply to the opposition & if the applicant failed to respond to the opposition during the said period , the application deemed as abandoned.
- This decision shall not prejudice or conflict with the legal periods stipulated in the applicable Trademark Law and its Executive Regulations.
- This decision should be applied to all the pending applications either they have been filed before or after the issuance date of this decision.
- This decision is effective from the date of issuance 18/03/2018
Meanwhile, TLG will remain at your disposal for any further information and assistance you may need with regards to IP matters.
For more details contact The Legal Group.